Friday 16 September 2016
This post is also available in: Greek
THEATRE OF THE PARK ARCHILOCHOS | 20:30 | Free Admission
Soprano: Elena Kelessidi
A soprano of Greek descent, she was born in Kazakhstan.
She made her first appearance in Greece in 1994-5 as Konstanze in “The Abduction from the Seraglio” at the National Opera of Greece.
She also performed with the Royal Opera at Covent Garden as Violetta (La Traviata), Cleopatra (Julius Caesar in Egypt), Mimi (La Bohême), Juliet (I Capuleti e i Montecchi), Liù (Turandot), Luisa (Luisa Miller), Margarita (Faust), the Queen of Shemakha (The Golden Cockerel), and many others.
She has sung at the Vienna State Opera, New York Metropolitan, Opéra Bastille, Bavarian State Opera, as well as at the opera houses of Berlin, Tokyo, etc.
She has worked with acclaimed conductors such as Yehudi Menuhin, Placido Domingo, Rozhdestvensky, Fedoseev..
Piano: Dimitris Giakas
Dimitris Giakas was born in Athens, where he received a Diploma in Piano from the National Conservatory. He continued his musical studies at the École Normale de Musique in Paris and further studied Song Accompaniment with Dalton Baldwin. He worked as musical coach pianist at the Operas of Paris and Lyon, as well as in many festivals in France. Since 1990 he’s in regular cooperation with the National Opera and the Athens Concert Hall. He accompanies Greek and foreign singers in concerts in Greece and abroad.
Mikhail Glinka (1804-1857)
- Do not tempt me (poetry Yevgeny Baratynsky)
- To a lyre
Alexander Dargomyzhsky (1813-1869)
- I still love him (poetry Yulya Valeryanovna Zhadovskaya)
- Young boy and girl (poetry Alexander Pushkin)
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908)
- The wind, op. 43 no. 2 (poetry Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy)
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
- At the ball, op. 38 no. 3 (poetry Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy)
Anton Rubinstein (1829-1894)
- In the quiet night, op. 40 no. 3
Alexander Varlamov (1801-1848)
- The ship (poetry Mikhail Lermontov
- Do not wake her at dawn (poetry Afanasy Fet)
- Oh, do not kiss me (poetry Aleksey Koltsov)
Pyotr Bulakhov (1822-1885)
- I don’t want
- My bluebells (poetry Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy)
- No, I do not love you (poetry Vladimir Sollogub)
Two old Russian songs
- Looking at a beam (music Andrey Oppel, lyrics Pavel Kozlov)
- Two guitars (music Ivan Vasiliev, poetry Apollon Grigoriev)
Photos by Chrisovalantis Symeonidis
Brought to you by: